Booking Conditions for Suffolk Coastal Cottages
Note, we are open for business at weekends too!
These are general booking conditions below, some properties have their own conditions about dogs, arrival times and security deposits etc so click on the link for your chosen property.
Leman Cottage | September Cottage | 8 Hill Cottages | 9 Hill Cottages | Dreadnought | Elm Gables | Claremont Cottage | Eve's Cottage, Theberton | Little Furrows | Eva's Cottage, Wenhaston | 33 Victoria Street | Spinners Lane | Lavender Cottage | School Cottage | West End Cottage | Fen Cottage | The Hut | Southwold Beach Hut |
- A booking deposit of 25% of the rental fee is payable if the booking is made more than 6 weeks before the start of the rental.. This deposit must be paid within 5 days of your booking. The balance of the rental cost is payable 6 weeks before the arrival date. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before the commencement date the full rental amount is required.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. The agent will endeavour to relet the cottage. If successful the client will be refunded, but if not all monies paid by the client shall be forfeited. We recommend cancellation insurance to cover this.
- Bookings run from 5pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure, unless stated differently on an individual property page. The client is responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in the same clean condition as they found it. The client undertakes to pay for any breakages or damage, requiring replacement or repair, and for any extra cleaning costs on departure. A Security Deposit is payable at the time when the balance or full payment is made for the rental as shown on the individual property page to cover this, and will be refunded to you once the housekeeper’s check has been made on your departure.
- Only those named on the reservation form may use the accommodation. Subletting or assignment is not permitted.
- The owners cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to client’s baggage or personal effects. We recommend insurance to cover this.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that equipment in the property is in working order, occasionally breakdowns occur. The client is requested to inform the agent should this happen, so repairs or remedial action can be initiated promptly.
- One dog or two well-behaved dogs are allowed where shown on the individual property pages, and permitted by prior arrangement with the agent, and the charge is £30 per dog, per week or short stay. A dog is not allowed on beds or furniture of a property and must not be left unattended at any time.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any property by law.
- It is the client’s responsibility to supervise children at all times. The owners accept no responsibility for any accident, injury or sickness howsoever caused.